A while ago, the trick for getting mobile traction was pretty simple. It went something like this:
- Build something really great
- Get App Store/Play Store to feature you
- See your app gaining popularity
- Use some cheap installations to take it to a higher level
- Voila, you’re a star!
This formula worked for quite a few years, especially for new start-ups and indie developers, but now seems to be getting out of fashion. This classic formula has stopped working and the process has become a lot harder. The new trends are likely to be:
- Increased app store competition
- Higher CPI rates
- Editorial dynamics
- The latest investment trends in the market.